16 November 2018
Microbiology and Infectious Diseases
Welcome to our Microbiology & Infectious Diseases page where we highlight our most recent content, including articles and collections, as selected by our Editors. Read the latest content across our BMC and Springer Nature portfolios.
All BMC articles are published on the open access model. All articles are free to read, copy, distribute, and use (providing attribution is given).
- Effects of HIV infection and ART on phenotype and function of circulating monocytes, natural killer, and innate lymphoid cells
- Pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) in an era of stalled HIV prevention: Can it change the game?
- Total HIV DNA: a global marker of HIV persistence
- Zika virus infection in a pregnant Canadian traveler with congenital fetal malformations noted by ultrasonography at 14-weeks gestation
- Towards a universal influenza vaccine: different approaches for one goal
- Cirsimaritin inhibits influenza A virus replication by downregulating the NF-κB signal transduction pathway
from Infectious Diseases of Poverty
- Risk factors affecting the mortality of HIV-infected patients with pulmonary tuberculosis in the cART era: a retrospective cohort study in China
- Heterophilic antibodies in sera from individuals without loxoscelism cross-react with phospholipase D from the venom of Loxosceles and Sicarius spiders
- Mass fingerprinting and electrophysiological analysis of the venom from the scorpion Centruroides hirsutipalpus (Scorpiones: Buthidae)
- Prevalence and associated knowledge of hepatitis B infection among healthcare workers in Freetown, Sierra Leone
- An acute gastroenteritis outbreak associated with person-to-person transmission in a primary school in Shanghai: first report of a GI.5 norovirus outbreak in China
Explore our collections
Bringing together the communities working in the environmental, animal and biomedical microbiome arenas, Microbiome is a forum for presenting the very latest research and methodologies, as well as discussing current and future trends in microbiome research. Learn more
Devoted to overcoming the global spread of antimicrobial resistance and healthcare-associated infections, Antimicrobial Resistance and Infection Control (ARIC) provides a platform for cutting-edge preeminent practices and best available data to those working in infection prevention and control. Learn more
The leading journal on malarial research, Malaria Journal serves the community interested in malaria in its broadest sense. By supporting research in the developing world, and uniting knowledge from the different specialties involved in malarial research, the journal provides a truly international forum for debate. Learn more
As the flagship biology journal of the BMC series, BMC Biology publishes outstanding research and commissioned content across all areas of biology. Supported by an Editorial Board of international experts and carefully-selected reviewers, our highly responsive editorial team provides rapid evaluation and publication of research with broad, lasting impact. Learn more
02 November 2018
- ASM 2019 - San Francisco, USA June 20-24